One of the best ways to experience the sights of South America (including seeing some of the rarest animals) is to take a cruise and experience in a few days by boat what would take you a lot longer to pass on land. Here are five of the best cruise tours in South America.
1) With eleven days and ten nights, the Intense Galapagos tour is exactly what it sounds like it should be: a week and a half experiencing one of the most storied series of islands in the world. It gets better, though; featuring a number of ships (and even sailing times), this cruise can be adjusted to your liking, but even without adjustment you’ll find plenty to see and enjoy. This trip is particularly ideal for couples or relatively small groups (14 people or less), with a bold itinerary designed to help meet your every dream.
2) Just as storied as the Galapagos, and arguably even more popular, the Amazon rainforest is an incredible place like nowhere else on Earth, and there are too many incredible trips to choose from! However, the discerning eye can narrow things down. For a quieter, more intimate experience, the Delfin offers three, four, and seven night trips with up to fourteen passengers, allowing you the opportunity to see the Amazon River with a small group and not feel like you’re getting lost.
3) For a more upbeat trip on the Amazon, though, the Iberostar Grand Amazon provides room for up to a hundred and forty-eight passengers, showing off a sleek modern style and all the (impressive) comforts of home while still allowing for an exciting cruise experience. Trips come in either three or four night groupings, allowing for a little bit of wiggle room on travel plans so that you can take the cruise that best suits what you want to do.
4) Known to some people as the “End of the World” for its extremely southern location, Cape Horn boasts beautiful landscapes and abundant wildlife. Through the Cruceros Australis company, the sister ships Stella Australis and Via Australis offer four and five-day tours across the bottom of South America. Sights include unexplored forests, glaciers, islands, the Strait of Magellan, and even a number of penguins and sea lions in various colonies. With scenery unlike any other, this beautiful destination is easily one of the top cruises in all of South America.
5) For those interested in a particularly active tour, the Patagonia Connection: Puyuhuapi Lodge and Spa is a six day, five night cruise that mixes up land and sea to showcase some of the most beautiful scenery in Chile. No need to just look, though; you have multiple opportunities to head out in a boat or kayak, or go hiking along a variety of amazing areas while enjoying your nights at one of the best spas in all of Chile. This tour finishes with a day-long cruise through the fjords, giving you a glimpse of wonder from a place humans could never normally go. For a combination of action and comfort, the Patagonia Connection is hard to beat.
You’ve probably seen them on television, but seeing them in person is something else entirely. The Magic Easter Island Tour allows you the opportunity to get close to some of the world’s most famous stone heads, and the trip is as educational as it is remote. For people with a passion for history, or who just want to see one of the world’s most unique places, this tour is both affordable and exotic at the same time.
Note from Latin Discover Tours: We provide standard or fully customizable tours in Latin America and to all the exotic destinations listed above. Book a private or shared tour with us by contacting us at 1-800-791-6520 or by filling out a short request form. The request form and more contact info are located HERE.