Amazon a la Carte
Amazon (4 days / 3 nts)
Day 1: Manaus - Amazon
Guests will be transferred to the lodge to be checked in to their rooms and then will visit the Monkey Forest. The facilities for rehabilitation and re-introduction of wild animals in their habitat (known as Monkey Forest), was created in 1991 with the intention of receiving animals that have been confiscated from illegal commerce. This is a joint project with the Municipal Secretary of Environment and Sustainability. In this center, the animals are initially put into quarantine to be evaluated and taken care of by a team of veterinaries and biologists. The duration of the tour of the center will be about 40 minutes to 1 hour. Following will be lunch, and then a visit to a native resident’s house. Guests will depart from the lodge on a boat or motorized canoe, accompanied by a bilingual guide to learn about the traditions and customs of local Amazonian natives. The duration of this tour varies according to the place visited, and during low water level seasons a boat may not be required. At high water level seasons, distant communities may be visited and the tour can last up to three hours. After visiting the native’s house some fishing may be done. Next the guests will have dinner, and then go to a Night tour in canoe. Depart lodge in paddle or motorized canoes, to appreciate the sounds of the jungle at night, with the possibility to spot small alligators (or other nightly creatures). Alligators are spotted because their eyes shine like small red lights. Once the alligator is spotted by the guide’s spotlight, he will try to catch a small alligator with his own hands and bring it on to the canoe, and a brief explanation of their habitat follows. The alligator will then be safely released back to the river. (No harm is done to any of the animals) Duration: about 1 hour. Note: during "high water level" season (from April to August) and on full moon evenings, it might be difficult to find alligators.
(Included meals: Dinner)
Day 2: Amazon
After breakfast, guests will go on a nature hike. Biodiversity is the main characteristics of Ecopark. It includes uncatalogued species in virgin rainforest, natural savannahs and creeks. Several streams of crystal clear warm water run through the rainforest. During the tour, the guide will lead clients and educate them about the local flora/fauna, how and where to find edible fruits and potable water, first aid, how to find their way in the forest and much more. The duration of this hike will be one to three hours, depending on health conditions of the participants. Then guests will have lunch, before going on a fishing tour. Depart lodge in paddle or motorized canoes, accompanied by a Bilingual guide. (Fishing of piranhas and other species, depending on season). It is a non-professional fishing. Upon returning to the lodge, guests will be served dinner.
(Included meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 3: Amazon
After breakfast, guests will depart for a tour of Meeting of the Waters. Departs from the lodge at 08h30am on board of a regional double deck boat. The boat goes down the Negro River navigating along the shore of the City of Manaus, allowing passengers to view the Amazonas Theater, the Port of Manaus, the Customs and the interesting aspects of the local life - the stilt houses for instance. Arrival at The Meeting of the Waters by 11h30am. It’s a spectacular merge of Negro and Solimões Rivers. From this point on both rivers form the famous Amazon River that runs all the way to the Atlantic Ocean. The waters of the two rivers run together for about 12kms, side by side, without mixing. The phenomenon happens due to differences in temperature, density and speed of the waters of the rivers. Depending on the level of the waters, a visit to a typical " caboclo " (local inhabitants) villa will be included (at Terra Nova Island) during this full day tour (may not be available during the months of May, June, July and sometimes also August, when the villa is flooded). This visit will happen prior or after lunch.
During high level of waters the place of the lunch can also be changed to a restaurant located at the " Janauary Lake", another beautiful place and, in this case, there is no visit to the villa. Return to the lodge and arrival by 05h30pm.
Duration: about 09 hours
Time for an optional visit to the National Park of Janauary is programmed (at extra charge).
(Included meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 4: Amazon - Manaus - departure
After breakfast, guests will have a morning of leisure to relax and explore the area, then transfer back to Manaus
(Included meals: Breakfast)
Bilingual guide, transfers and tours in regular basis (group), accommodation with full board pension in the lodge, the Meeting of the Waters (without lunch).
- The distribution of the tours will be coordinated by the local operation department.
- Activities are provided with English, German, French or Italian speaking guide. Other languages subject to availability upon request.
- Electricity is provided by generators that work from 5:30 pm to 8:00 am and 11:30 am to 3:00 pm.
- The transfers will be accompanied by English-speaking guide only. German speaking guide is included only for groups.
- Transfer details:
1) During the day:
* From the airport (regular transfers) to Amazon Ecopark: transfer for regular schedule of main flights arriving in Manaus during the day (6:00am until 5:00pm).
* From Amazon Ecopark to the airport (regular transfers): departure at 8:30am and 11:30am.
2) In the Evening:
* From/to airport (regular transfers): The Lodge provides transfers in the evening with additional cost.
3) From/to Hotels in Manaus:
The pre-scheduled transfers included in the package rate will be as follows:
* Hotel in Manaus / Lodge: 8:30am or 11:30am
* Lodge / Hotel in Manaus: 11:30am (arrival in Manaus 12:30pm approx)
- Please note that for every tour or transfer involving boats, the port Authorities require in advance a list of all passengers with their full names, date of birth and nationality. We highlight that no vessel can leave Manaus without such list.
- During Rainy Season (May to July) and Dry Season (October to December) peak periods, occasional floods or severe drought may occur causing some lodges to reschedule or replace activities/tours. E.g.: walking tours may only be done by boat or May even be replaced by other options (rainy season); longer walks with detours from river banks to lodges or other areas may be required including bridges over mud puddles or springs (dry season).
- 1 Chd up to 5 years old - free in double occupancy